Spring Semester Housing
On campus housing will be available to all students registered for 12 or more credits for the Spring 2022 semester.
The residence halls will continue to operate with strict safety requirements and protocols informed by the current COVID-19 pandemic and state and SUNY guidelines.
Apply for Spring 2022 Housing
The housing application will be open for new students and commuter students starting November 1, 2021. Please note that if you lived on campus Fall 2021, you do NOT need to reapply for housing for the Spring semester.
- Log-in to MyFIT
- Click Student Tab > Scroll down to Housing/Residential Life > Click MyHousing > Choose "Apply Online" > Select the application available to you.
- A non-refundable $500 credit card deposit is required, if you did not already pay the deposit in the fall semester.
Housing is not guaranteed and is subject to availability. You are not guaranteed a particular style of accommodation when applying, but you can provide your preferences, which will be accommodated based on availability.
The Office of Residential Life will begin placing new residential students and sending notification of housing status after December 1, 2021.
Meal plans will be required for all students according to the following parameters.
New/Entering residents are required to maintain a meal plan. Current/Returning residents are required to maintain a declining balance allocation. Specific meal plan offerings and requirements are set each year.
- New/Entering Students in Traditional Style Housing are required to select at minimum the 185 Block meal plan which includes $445 Tiger Bucks.
- New/Entering Students in Apartment Style Housing are required to select at minimum the 75 Block meal plan which includes $450 Tiger Bucks
- Returning/Current Students are required to select at minimum the 250 Tiger Bucks Declining Balance plan
More information on the dining plans is available on the FIT Dining website. Students wishing to increase their meal plan may make changes during the first two weeks of classes.
If you previously applied for housing but do not wish to live on campus for Spring 2022, you may request a refund of your housing deposit by submitting a housing withdrawal request on the FIT Residential Life website .