Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
The Office of Residence Life will be offering on-campus housing to all students registered for 12 or more credits for the Fall 2022–Spring 2023 academic year!
Applications will open on February 25, 2022 at 10 am and remain open until March 8, 2022 at 5 pm.
In order to apply for housing and pay the required deposit, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your myHousing Portal
- At the top of the screen, click on the 3 lines to expand the navigation pane on the left hand side
- Click on the tab that says “Applications”
- Select the “Fall 2022 Housing Application”
Read This First
You must maintain 12 or more credit hours to be eligible to live in FIT housing. Priority may be given to students who have on-campus classes and labs.
All current and/or returning FIT students who wish to live in FIT housing must re-apply each year.
Housing contracts are binding for the 2022-2023 academic year. Exceptions include:
- December graduates
- one-semester exchange students
- college-approved study abroad program students
The housing application will be available online on MyFIT beginning February 25, 2022 at 10 am EST. The housing application will close March 8 at 5:00 pm EST for priority applications.
COVID 19 Information
Please note that the residence halls will continue to operate with safety requirements and protocols informed by the current COVID-19 pandemic and state and SUNY guidelines.There is a high demand for housing at FIT and while housing is not guaranteed, we will work our hardest to house all interested students on campus while also allowing for proper safety measures due to COVID-19.
- If you are able to access your MyFIT account, but are unable to access MyHousing link, try using Google Chrome on a desktop or laptop and/or delete your browser cache. If this issue persists, please contact our office at [email protected].
Applicants with confirmed housing:
- will enter a room and roommate selection process
- will be randomly assigned a date and time to choose room type and roommates
- have a position on the waitlist determined by lottery number
- will be emailed as space becomes available
- can check updates to their waitlist position by visiting the Housing/Residential Life section through MyFIT and clicking on MyHousing