Room Selection Information
Dates: June 22, 2022 through June 24, 2022
All students confirmed for housing will be able to view available accommodations on Wednesday, 6/22 at 10:00am but will not be able to select their room until their assigned selection.
Residential Life will randomly assign a space and roommate(s) to anyone who does not select a room type by Friday, 6/24 at 12pm.
How to Select A Room
- On your myHousing click Room Selection on the left hand navigation panel
- Ensure that you see your roommate group confirmed with all members
- Click the dropdown arrow next to Select From Room List and search for rooms by hall
- Select the roomtype you want from the available spaces and click Select Room
- Confirm all roommate(s) are placed in beds within the room and click Submit Room Selection
Reminders & Tips
- BEFORE selecting a room type, make sure that all roommate(s) have logged in and mutually selected each other. You will not be able to change roommates after selecting a room type.
- Although you will be viewing a room number and floor, you are only selecting a type of accommodation. Room assignments will be viewable beginning 7/11 at 10:00AM.
- It is to your advantage to have the roommate with the earliest assigned date/time select a room type. Once a room type is selected, all mutually requested roommates will automatically be assigned.
- If you cannot see an accommodation it is because your preferred room type is no longer available. There may be other types of accommodations to choose from. You and your roommate(s) must deselect each other to view all remaining spaces.
Living Learning Communities
Due to unforeseen circumstances we are only able to offer the following three living learning communities for the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 Academic Year. Don’t see a community you were hoping for? Next year returning students will be able to opt into quiet communities, LGBTQIA+ communities and more as we continue to launch our LLC pilot program.
- Transfer Community in Alumni Hall (Open to Transfer Students only)
- Gender Inclusive Communal Bathrooms in CoEd Hall (Open to students in Gender Inclusive Housing Only)
- Sustainable Edible Garden (Special Invite Only)
If you are eligible for any of these LLCs, you will automatically be able to choose to opt into one the day of selection.
G-Chat us from your FIT student account at [email protected]
Call us at 212-217-3930
Email us at [email protected]