Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
On behalf of the Office of Residential Life we would like to welcome you to FIT. We are excited to have many of you join us in campus housing for the Fall 22 and Spring 23 academic year. We have outlined information below about the housing application process as well as some incredible opportunities within housing.
The residence halls will continue to operate with strict safety requirements and protocols informed by the current COVID-19 pandemic and state and SUNY guidelines.
- Getting Ready
Make sure you are able to log in to MyFIT with your FIT username and password. See: MyFIT Login Instructions If you require additional assistance, please contact TechHelp.
- Familiarize yourself with Gender Inclusive Housing. Please be aware that if you opt in to Gender Inclusive Housing, you will be assigned a room or suitemate of any gender identity. If you are uncomfortable living with someone of the opposite gender identity in your room and/or suite, you should NOT opt in to Gender Inclusive Housing.
- Make sure that you debit or credit card has the required funds available to complete your application. A non-refundable $500 credit card deposit is required.
- Remember that emergency contact information must be included in order to submit your application. Please have names and phone numbers readily available.
- If you are able to access your MyFIT account, but are unable to access MyHousing link, try using Google Chrome on a desktop or laptop and/or delete your browser cache. If this issue persists, please contact our office at [email protected].
Step 1: The Housing Application
The Housing Application opens for all new and entering students on May 3, 2022 at 10AM EST. Please note in order to apply you must be accepted to the college and your tuition deposit must be received by the Bursar's Office. (Allow 1-2 days to process before accessing the housing application system. Remember that FIT business offices are closed on weekends and holidays.)
In order to participate in the next steps we recommend your application be submitted prior to 10AM on May 30, 2022.
To Access the application:
- Login to MyFit and click on myHousing.
- In your myHousing portal you will see “Applications” in the right navigation bar
- Under applications please click “New Student Academic Year Housing”
- Complete the application
- Submit payment for the $500 non-refundable housing deposit
- You should receive an email from the system confirming your application
A $500 non-refundable credit card deposit is required upon submission of the housing application. This is NOT an additional fee and will be credited toward your total housing charges. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. FIT Residential Life understands that we are living through unprecedented and difficult times. If you require extra support regarding their $500 deposit please contact our office via [email protected] with a short paragraph explaining your situation and we will be in touch after reviewing your information.
Step 2: Housing Lottery
By 5PM EST on May 30, 2022 students will be notified of their current housing status. Only a limited number of students are selected to participate in the housing lottery, students who are not selected based on their application timestamp will be placed on a waitlist.
Students who are selected for the housing lottery will be sent an email with their selection number and students on the waitlist will be able to view their position on the waitlist. For more information on waitlist, please see Waitlisted Applicants.
For Next Steps in the Process, please see Confirmed Housing
Applicants with confirmed housing:
- will enter a room and roommate selection process
- will be randomly assigned a date and time to choose a room type and roommates
- will be emailed as space becomes available
- can check updates to their waitlist position by visiting the Housing/Residential Life section through MyFIT and clicking on MyHousing