Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
On campus housing will be available for the 2021-2022 academic year. The residence halls will continue to operate with strict safety requirements and protocols informed by the current COVID-19 pandemic and state and SUNY guidelines. This currently includes:
- COVID-19 vaccination
- exclusion of guests and visitors to the residence halls
- social distancing and mask requirements
- reduced occupancy
- increased cleaning procedures
The housing application will be available online on MyFIT beginning May 17 at 1 pm EDT. The housing application will close May 25 at 11:59 pm for priority applications. If additional space becomes available, the application will reopen at a later date.
To access the housing application:
- You must be accepted to the college.
- Your tuition deposit must be received by the Bursar's Office. (Allow 1-2 days to process before accessing the housing application system. Remember that FIT business offices are closed on weekends and holidays.)
Get Ready to Apply
Before May 17, complete the following steps.
- Make sure you are able to log in to MyFIT with your FIT username and password. See: MyFIT Login Instructions If you require additional assistance, please contact TechHelp.
- Familiarize yourself with Gender Inclusive Housing. Please be aware that if you opt in to Gender Inclusive Housing, you will be assigned a room or suitemate of any gender identity. If you are uncomfortable living with someone of the opposite gender identity in your room and/or suite, you should NOT opt in to Gender Inclusive Housing.
- Make sure that you debit or credit card has the required funds available to complete your application. A non-refundable $500 credit card deposit is required.
- Remember that emergency contact information must be included in order to submit your application. Please have names and phone numbers readily available.
- If you are receiving a "500 Error – Internal Server Error" when attempting to access links inside MyFIT, see: Troubleshooting Steps for a MyFIT "Error 500 - Internal Server Error"
- If you are able to access your MyFIT account, but are unable to access MyHousing link, try using Google Chrome on a desktop or laptop and/or delete your browser cache. If this issue persists, please contact our office at [email protected].
Complete the Application
Applicants with onfirmed housing:
- will enter a room and roommate selection process
- will be randomly assigned a date and time to choose a room type and roommates
- will be emailed as space becomes available
- can check updates to their waitlist position by visiting the Housing/Residential Life section through MyFIT and clicking on MyHousing