Fall 2021: Click here for up-to-date details on all current FIT Library facilities, services, and support for faculty and students.
Contact a specific library unit or use Ask the Library if you have any questions about these or other services.
The library as a whole -- and individual units-- offers services and materials to
support classroom faculty and our shared goals.
Research and Instructional Services | Access Services/Circulation, Periodicals and Electronic Resources, and Acquisitions
& Metadata Services | Library/Faculty Liaison program | FIT Digital Image Library (FITDIL) | Digital Initiatives
Our Research and Instructional Services unit supports Information Literacy and provides research assistance for students and faculty. Take advantage of these services and resources to get your students research-ready.
- Library Instructional Services
- Submit requests for customized instruction through this form.
- Faculty Toolbox
- Research Guides
- One-on-One Research Consultations (FYI, for students; faculty please contact your Library Liaison to request a consultation with a Librarian)
- "Ask the Library" Online Reference Service
- Assistance on questions about copyright, Fair Use, and related topics as you plan your course as well as access to the Fair Use Evaluator; email Carli Spina ([email protected]) for personalized assistance.
- Access to a wide array of Open Educational Resources (OER) that can easily be integrated into your Blackboard course. Check out our guide or email Helen Lane ([email protected]) for more information.
Our Access Services/Circulation, Periodicals and Electronic Resources ,and Acquisitions and Metadata Services units offer a range of services that provide support for the curriculum and access to research materials.
- Place items on course reserve for your students
- Hold and pickup requests of FIT Library-owned books and DVDs:
Log into OneSearch and follow instructions; hold option is not available for all materials. Items will be available for pickup in the library 5th floor lobby and may be checked out at the Access Services Desk or on the self-checkout machine.
- Library Materials Purchase Requests
- Interlibrary Loan
- Forecasting and Trend Services
- Periodicals Available Online
Our Library/Faculty Liaison Program provides a dialogue between library faculty and classroom faculty by defining a primary contact within the Library for each academic department.
Our goals are:
- advocating for increased support for the curriculum
- collaborating in support of curricular initiatives
- promoting library services and resources to the FIT community
- informing the collection development needs in subject areas.
In other words, if you have a question or need related to the library, you can always
ask your Liaison!
See our Liaison Finder tool in the right hand column for your contact in the LIbrary.
The FIT Digital Image Library (FITDIL) is an Internet-based digital repository database of over 130,000 digital images intended
for both research and instructional use by FIT students and faculty.
For questions regarding FITDIL and its use in the classroom, contact Hiroko Suda,
FITDIL Database Technologist, (212) 217-4378.
FITDIL User Guide provides tips for using this resource.
Digital Initiatives at the FIT Library is committed to collecting and preserving video recordings of
the numerous events held on campus—including lectures, exhibitions, discussions, and
industry guests—each contributing to make FIT a unique educational institution. Recordings
of these events are shared with a wider audience via our Archive on Demand (AOD) platform.
Find out more about AOD