Are you an FIT student interested in a credit bearing internship for Spring, Summer or Fall?
If you are required to do or interested in doing a credited internship, look for the email regarding Credited Internship for the related semester and follow the instructions for completing the prescreening Credited Internship Application available after logging into the FIT Career & Internship Services (CIS) Career Services Job Bank (CSJB).
If you qualify, you will receive further instructions.
· Requests are approved on a first come, first served basis.
· You will not be able to register for an internship class without completing the CIS application process.
· DEADLINES will be in the email.
DON’T WAIT! Complete your Credited Internship Application NOW as early as possible in THIS semester to begin the process for NEXT semester!
QUESTIONS? Attend an optional live Internship Information Session.
To RSVP: visit the FIT CSJB and click on the 'Events tab' to select which session you would like to attend.
Steps to apply for a credited internship with an Associate and/or Senior level internship course* :
- Log into your Symplicity account in the FIT CSJB, the semester before you want to intern. Complete the Credited Internship Application (see instructions in email sent at beginning of semester). Follow instructions and upload your required documents ASAP!
To assist you in completing your ONE-PAGE resume, you'll receive a sample resume and a list of action verbs that will help you write the best descriptions of work experience at former and current jobs and internships.
This letter, addressed to Dear CIS Counselor, will note your FIT student status (e.g., I am a seventh semester AMC major). It will also describe relevant work and volunteer experience and conclude by stating that you will confirm your appointment with your counselor a day or two before your scheduled interview with an acknowledgement that you must be dressed professionally for your counseling interview.
2. If you qualify, you will receive an approval email and counselor assignment, along with detailed information and instructions about the Credited Internship Program.
3. Schedule an appointment to meet with your assigned counselor via the FIT CSJB.
*After you receive your counselor assignment, you will be able to see which course
you need to register for from within your Credited Internship account.
NOTE: Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Production Management and Menswear must attend a special orientation that is set up by your department during your 3rd semester (Menswear and AAS-level Production Management) or 7th semester (Fashion Design, Fine Arts and BS-level Production Management).
You must be:
1.Matriculated in a degree program
2.In the second half of that degree program at the time of the internship (Exception: Film and Media Bachelor students intern in their 6th semester)
3.You must have a GPA of:
3.0 in an Associate program (Exception: Production Management Associate program minimum GPA is 2.5)
2.5 in a Bachelor program