Are you an FIT student interested in a credit bearing internship for Spring 2018?
You may now attend an orientation ONLINE, if you meet qualifications to do so. See below.
If you are required to do, or interested in doing, a credited Spring 2018 internship, Look for the email regarding Credited Internship for Spring 2018 and follow the instructions for completing the prescreening Credited Internship Survey available after logging into the FIT Credited Internship Database. If you qualify, you will already have an account in the Credited Internship Database.
If you qualify, you will receive instructions for how to complete the first step in
the orientation process online.
· Requests are approved on a first come, first served basis.
· You will not be able to register for an internship class without first completing this process.
· DEADLINE to submit your internship request in the CI Database: October 4 for Spring
DON’T WAIT! Complete your Credited Internship Survey NOW to begin the process!
QUESTIONS? Attend an optional live Internship Information Session.
To RSVP: visit the FIT Career Services Bank (CSJB) and click on the 'Events tab' to select which session you would like to attend.
Steps to apply for a credited internship with an Associate and/or Senior level internship course* (IC296,IC297, IC298, IC496, IC497, IC498):
- Log into your Internship account in the Credited Internship Database, the semester before you want to intern. Complete the Credited Internship Survey (see instructions in email sent at beginning of semester). Follow instructions and upload your required documents ASAP!:
For help in completing your ONE-PAGE resume you'll receive a sample resume and a list of action verbs that will help you write the best descriptions of work experience at former and current jobs and internships.
This letter, addressed to Dear CIS Counselor, will note your FIT student status (i.e., I am a seventh semester AMC major). It will also describe relevant work and volunteer experience and conclude by stating that you will confirm your appointment with your counselor a day or two before your scheduled interview and that you understand that you must be dressed professionally for your interview.
2. If you qualify, you will be instructed to view the online orientation which will go over EVERYTHING about the program, nuts to bolts.
3. Wait for your approval email and counselor assignment; then schedule an appointment to meet with your assigned counselor in our separate CSJB.
*After you receive your counselor assignment, you will be able to see which course
you need to register for from within your Credited Internship account.
**Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Production Management and Menswear must attend a special orientation that is set up by your department during your 3rd semester (Menswear and AAS-level Production Management), or 7th semester (Fashion Design, Fine Arts and BS-level Production Management).
You must be:
1.Matriculated in a degree program
2.In the second half of that degree program at the time of the internship (Exception: Film and Media Bachelor students intern in their 6th semester)
3.You must have a GPA of:
3.0 in an Associate program (Exception: Production Management Associate program minimum GPA is 2.5)
2.5 in a Bachelor program