Student-Faculty Communication and Classroom Dialogue
This year’s topic is Student-Faculty Communication and Classroom Dialogue.
November 30, 2017
Student-Faculty Roundtables Questions
- Outside of class time, how do you prefer to communicate with your professor (in-person, email, Blackboard, text, etc.?) Please explain.
- Do you communicate with your professor via social media? What are the benefits and challenges?
- How long should you wait for your professor to respond to you via email?
- Do you use faculty office hours? Please explain your answer.
- Does your professor use Hangouts or other conferencing systems? Do you find this experience effective?
- Which methods do you feel work best for communicating assignments? (Examples: Written directions, oral explanations, web posts, a combination of methods, etc.)
- How do the best professors guide classroom discussions?
- If you have taken an online course, please compare communication/discussion with your online professor to your face to face professor. What were the differences? What were the benefits/disadvantages of the two systems?