To be considered for admission to a major in the School of Art and Design, you must submit a portfolio for evaluation by FIT faculty members. Below you will find the specific portfolio requirements for your chosen major. Only art and design applicants should submit a portfolio. Materials received for other majors will not be reviewed or considered.
- Please review your major-specific portfolio requirements below. After receiving confirmation that your application was received by FIT, within two weeks you will receive an email from email@example.com that includes a link to submit the portfolio for your major.
- Art and Design applicants must submit a portfolio through SlideRoom. Materials received through the mail or in person will not be reviewed or considered.
- Check out Tips on How to Prepare a Portfolio and consider attending a National Portfolio Day or FIT Portfolio Preview Day prior to submitting your portfolio
- Do not submit a portfolio through SlideRoom if you are applying to the following Bachelor of Fine Arts programs: Accessories Design, Advertising Design, Computer Animation & Interactive Media, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Packaging Design, Textile/Surface Design, Toy Design, or Visual Presentation & Exhibition Design. You will contacted by Admissions or the major department with information about submitting your portfolio.
Click on your chosen major to review specific portfolio instructions.
- Accessories Design AAS
- Communication Design Foundation AAS
- Fabric Styling BFA
- Fashion Design AAS
- Fine Arts AAS
- Fine Arts BFA
- Illustration AAS
- Interior Design AAS
- Jewelry Design AAS
- Menswear AAS
- Photography and Related Media AAS
- Photography and the Digital Image BFA
- Textile/Surface Design AAS
- Before starting a SlideRoom account, you will need to log in to your MyFIT account to retrieve your FIT student ID number. Your ID number is 9 digits, including the @.
- You will be charged $10 to submit your portfolio in SlideRoom.
- Please select your intended entry term and major carefully; refunds are not awarded for any reason.
- You will only be considered for admission to the major that is listed on your current application.
- Do not submit more than one portfolio at a time.
- If you wish to be considered for a different entry term or major, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the appropriate change to your application. Once you receive confirmation your request has been processed, you may submit your portfolio.
- If you change your major after submitting your portfolio, you will be required to submit another portfolio for the new major, and an additional $10 fee will be assessed by SlideRoom.