The Center for Continuing and Professional Studies offers the opportunity to take credit courses as a non-degree student at FIT with no formal application to the college required. (Please note: This process and the affiliated $65 non-refundable fee only applies to courses that carry college credit and have a two-letter subject code such as HA, GD, etc. Non-credit courses with a three-letter code, such as CTD, SXM, etc. do not require this fee.) The only requirements are:
- You must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- You must have the legal ability to take credit courses in the United States (i.e., you are not on a tourist visa).
If you would like to take credit-bearing courses and you have never taken classes at FIT or one or more semesters has passed since you last attended as a non-degree student:
- Complete the non-degree enrollment form. The non-refundable processing fee is $65.
- You will be prompted to create a temporary login ID to access the enrollment form.
- Once you complete the form, please allow two business days for your enrollment form to be processed
- You will receive two emails from FIT: the first will provide your student ID number and the second will provide login information for your MyFIT account. Log in to MyFIT and follow the registration instructions provided by the registrar's office.
- Please note that you may return to an incomplete enrollment form using your previously created temporary login ID
If you plan to apply for a degree program at FIT, it is recommended you seek advisement from Admissions prior to selecting your courses as a non-degree student.
If you were previously enrolled in a degree program at FIT and are seeking readmission to the college, see Former Students.
Information for New York City Residents
If you are a resident of New York City (one of the five boroughs), you will be required to complete an application for New York State residency and provide supporting documentation. It is recommended that you submit this as soon as possible to avoid being billed at the out-of-state tuition rate. For information and the application, see NYS Residency Application
Information for New York State (Outside of New York City) Residents
In accordance with New York State Educational Law, New York State residents who live in counties other than those of New York City must submit a Certificate of Residence to FIT in order to qualify for the in-state tuition rate. For information and the application, see County Certificate of Residence Application.
The New York State Public Health Law requires students enrolled for at least six (6) semester credit hours submit certain immunization records. Students will not be permitted to continue attendance at FIT if these requirements are not completed. Immunization documents are submitted to FIT Health Services in Dubinsky Center, Room A402. For more information, see Immunization Requirements.