Preparing and Emailing Your Job
It's your responsibility to:
- Setup files and complete order forms correctly
- Email both files and form(s) simultaneously
- Check your 'Sent' folder to confirm that your job was sent successfully
- Respond in a timely manner to Printfx's email notifications that we've either placed your job on hold or rejected it due to your errors
- Know our job turnaround times and hours of operation. If you've been contacted and need to correct your job, please know that the turnaround time will change based on the time you responded to us
- Review and understand our policies and procedures prior to job submission
- Review our services and pricing and calculate your cost prior to job submission
- Pay at time of pick-up (or prior to UPS delivery)
Prepare and save your pdf order form(s) and file(s). Include the button pin or hardcover bookbinding templates, if applicable.
Departments: If you are paying with a *budget transfer, please include a signed PrintFX Supplies Reimbursement Authorization form (.pdf). *The transfer of funds from job orders submitted after May 31 will be removed from the next fiscal budget. Form is a fillable pdf and requires that it be opened and completed using Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
Create a folder labeled with your name and date on your local computer drive and place a copy of your file(s), order form(s) and any other necessary documents inside.
Connect to your FIT Google Drive associated with your FIT email address (your job will be rejected if you use a non-FIT email address). Upload the folder and share with [email protected]. *Please don't send your order twice! If it's in your sent folder, we received it! Our automated response isn't triggered when orders go into Google Drive.
Can't stop by to see our paper and fabric sample book? Check out this helpful paper and fabric sample video! More questions? Call (212) 217-5470.
Services and Pricing Guides
Review the services & pricing guide (.pdf) for all services. View specific service guides and detailed information for PrintFX services and Fablab services. Guide is a pdf and requires Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
Turnaround time depends on the service. Rush turnaround time has been suspended until further notice.
Payment and Job Pick Up
After receiving an email notification that your job is complete, add funds to your FIT ID card in eAccounts portal. Come to Pomerantz Center, Room D529A to pay (by self-swiping your ID) and pick up your job. Please see our video guide, Adding funds to your eAccount for step-by-step instructions.
Staff approval required. No commercial work. 30% surcharge. Extended pickup turnaround times. Rush pickup unavailable. Prove alumni status by emailing staff using your FIT affiliated Gmail to send your job. Prepay by adding funds to a PrintFX supplied guest card (pdf). Guide is a pdf that requires Adobe Acrobat or Reader.