Credit Certificate Program Registration
High School Diploma or GED: All non-degree students must have earned a high school diploma or a GED prior to taking courses at FIT.
Most programs assume a certain level of knowledge about fashion and design and may have prerequisite courses outside the certificate program. If you have not taken the prerequisites, you will need to obtain a waiver from the Department chairperson for the prerequisites.
Register for classes: There is no need for an application or any other process to begin a certificate. Simply register for classes through web registration. Students must complete and pass all required courses in the program.
Credit Certificate Declaration: Candidates interested in a Credit Certificate need to fill out the Credit Certificate Declaration form to be properly coded as a certificate student.
You must complete all courses with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 (C) before a certificate will be issued.
You must submit an Application for Certificate at the Registrar's Office when your program of study has been successfully completed so that the certificate can be awarded.
- FIT cannot issue an an I-20 or help a student attain an F-1 Visa for studies in credit certificate programs.
- Courses in the credit certificate programs cannot be waived for prior or current industry experience.
- Courses taken in other majors or at other schools cannot be substituted or transferred to replace credit certificate courses.
Noncredit Certificate Program Registration
There is no application or admissions process for noncredit classes. Simply register for courses in person or through web registration. You can register for as many classes as you like, but be aware that courses with prerequisites must be completed in order.
2. Successfully complete all required courses within 24 months.
Noncredit courses are graded on a pass/WD basis, and students are expected to attend all sessions of classes and certificates. Students taking classes in which instructors have different attendance expectations will be notified in advance of the first class.
When you have completed all of your certificate courses, you must submit a Notification of Completion form either electronically or in the CCPS office at 236 West 27th Storefront. You will not receive a certificate until all requirements have been successfully completed and an application request has been submitted.
Please note these steps are only for students in the single course format certificate programs: 3D Printing, Augmented and Virtual Reality, Browzwear, Color Art and Design for Fashion-Related Products, Motion Graphics, Omni-Channel Management, User Interface (UI) Design, User Experience (UX) Design
There is no application or admissions process for noncredit classes. Simply register for courses in person or through web registration.
2. Complete your course with a passing grade.
Please note that different programs have different attendance requirements based on length of the particular program. Students must attend the required number of courses and satisfactorily complete all assignments in order to receive a passing grade.
3. If you successfully complete the course, you will receive your certificate on the last night of the course.
If you are unable to attend that evening, please contact our office to arrange pick up or mailing of your certificate.
- You must complete all assignments and attend all sessions of a course in order to receive a passing grade.
- All noncredit courses are graded on a pass/WD basis and only courses completed with a passing grade can be counted towards completion of a chosen program.