Reference Desk (NEW! 5th floor) and Instructional Queries: 212 217.4400
Ask A Librarian
Library Instruction Request
Amy Ballmer - Associate Professor - Librarian, Head of Research & Instructional Services (on leave)
Research and Instructional Services (RIS) faculty and staff help FIT students, faculty , staff and administration with their information and research needs.
- assist library users in finding materials and offer guidance for in-depth research projects
- answer reference questions in-person, online or by phone
- assist in the use of StyleCat, the Library catalog, our databases, periodical indexes, reference books and the Web
- locate books and periodicals that are not in our collections and refer patrons to other libraries or provide interlibrary loan service
- assist faculty, upon request, by reviewing research assignments in advance for appropriate, accurate references to library resources
FIT faculty may request library instructional sessions : Librarian-led or self conducted.
The librarian-led instruction sessions can provide:
- general orientation the library
- assignment-specific research tools& techniques
- research and information literacy skills
For self-conducted instruction, we will reserve an area in the Library for you to show your students printed materials including forecasting services, periodicals (magazines and journals), and/or books on a specific topic.
We cannot reserve library computer classrooms for self-conducted classes.