In New York City, Art = LifeJoin the vibrant art scene in New York, one of the world’s great art centers. At FIT, you’re part of a dynamic, creative community, at the doorstep of Chelsea’s galleries and a short hop from the city’s unparalleled museums and cultural resources.
In a hands-on studio environment, with working artists as your teachers and New York City as your extended campus, you’ll explore a wide range of creative possibilities, from traditional media to 3D design and multimedia. You’ll graduate with the skills to pursue various opportunities in the applied arts or pursue a career as a practicing artist.
- FIT’s New York location enables us to attract a Fine Arts faculty of renowned professional artists, who are also gifted teachers.
- In guest lectures and panel presentations, noted artists share their perspective on art and art-related careers.
- A study abroad program in Florence, Italy, in the last semester of the AAS program, provides the perfect setting for discovering thousands of years of art and architectural treasures.
- The student Art Collective arranges trips to regional museums and art events, and hosts an annual student exhibition at a New York City gallery.
In this program, you’ll:
- experience the art world in an internship at a museum or gallery, such as the Museum of Modern Art or National Academy of Design, or in a professional printmaking studio or art restoration company.
- broaden your perspective and hone your skills in the Fine Arts student clubs: Urban Studio focuses on creating a bridge between studio practice and the art community. Activities have included a mural in the Empire State Building, volunteer teaching, and a site-specific installation at the Bridge Art Fair at Art Basel Miami Beach.