IT001, Computer and Network Use
Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT or the “college”) through the Office of Information Technology (IT), provides a range of computing equipment, networks, and information resources to support the instructional, research, and administrative functions of the college, as well as to enhance the well-being of its students and the college community. This policy is intended to guide members of the college community in the acceptable use of these network and computer resources. FIT computing resources may be used only for purposes that are legal, ethical, and consistent with the college’s mission. Violations of this policy constitute unacceptable use of computer resources, and suspected or known violations must be reported to the Office of Information Technology.
Entities Affected by this Policy
- The entire FIT community (administrators, faculty, staff, and students)
- Other users (such as contractors and vendors)
- Responsible Administrator(s): Assistant Vice President for Software Services and Information Access
- Responsible Office(s): Information Technology
- Dates: Revised June 2012
- Contact: Office of Information Technology
View Official Policy*
College Policy IT001, Computer and Network Use
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.