Spring 2017 Faculty Development Events
"Let's Talk Tuesdays..."
Join Sarah Blazer (Writing Studio) and Katelyn Burton (English and Communication Studies) during lunch on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday (starting Feb. 7) 12:30-2 in the Faculty and Staff Dining Room for informal conversations on teaching writing, student writing, assignments, and more.
Save these dates: 2/7, 2/21, 3/7, 3/21, 4/4, 4/18, 5/2
Contact email@example.com to join our mailing list for reminders and to join the conversation if you can't make it to lunch!
CTL Luncheon Workshop Series: New Approaches to Thinking About Error in Student Writing
- Designing for Meaningful Writing, March 1, 2017, 12:30pm - 2pm, Seminar Room 5
- Intentional and Generative Feedback, March 22, 2017, 12:30pm - 2pm, Seminar Room 5
- Priorities and Assessment, April 19, 2017, 12:30pm - 2pm, Seminar Room 5
Classroom Visits and IN-Class Workshops
The Writing Studio can visit your class to provide students with information on our services or to assist you with an in-class writing workshop. We invite you to schedule a classroom visit or workshop. The Writing Studio offers in-class workshops that can be tailored to your class.
Take a look at our spring 2017 workshop offerings or contact us for more information.
Need feedback on a writing assignment? The Writing Studio staff will review your assignment and offer feedback on everything from organizing it to how students will potentially interpret the assignment. Submit your assignment for review, and we'll have a response in a week.
Writing Teaching Resources
As part of the Writing Studio's commitment to writing across the curriculum, we can offer you a number of writing resources and help you:
- develop/create writing assignments
- facilitate effective peer writing workshops
- respond to and assess student writing
- teach with writing in class
- link your syllabus to the Writing Studio
Faculty are welcome to meet with the Director and Writing Consultants to talk about a range of writing issues from teaching to your own manuscript development.