University of Westminster
Program Type: Exchange
The University of Westminster (UW), located in Harrow, England, earned its reputation by securing a number of “firsts” since it was established as the Polytechnic Institute in 1828. It emerged as the first polytechnic in the UK offering the first degree courses in photographic science, photography and media studies to become a global university with six schools that offer over 300 degree programs over a diverse range of disciplines. Harrow, a suburban town in northwest London, is home to the first and only contemporary artist-led gallery set up by the Usurp Art Collective in 2010.
- Course Information
- Academic Calendar
- Study Visa
- Health Insurance
- Program Budget
- Application, Instructions and Preparations
Rolling approvals until 1-Oct: Spring
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
- Fashion Business Management students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the Faculty Coordinator. Students may study during their 6th semester.
Semester 2 Modules at the Harrow Campus are the only modules available for transfer credit.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the UW website.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay.
Students planning to participate in an internship program will be required to apply for a Study Visa for the duration of their stay in England. Students are encouraged to carefully review the Study Visa requirements. Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: GeoBlue Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Student Health Insurance
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
See the Scholarships & Financial Aid page.