Hong Kong Polytechnici University
Program Type: Exchange
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (HKPU), located in Hong Kong, China, evolved from a technical and trade school into one of the most prestigious universities in China with six campuses mainland and over 300 partnerships around the globe. HKPU is ranked 1st in the world for research papers and citation impact in textiles and fashion publications. Hong Kong is often described as “East meets West” due to the colonial influence, which is reflected in its cuisine, local business practices, and thriving film industry.
- Course Information
- Academic Calendar
- Study Visa
- Health Insurance
- Program Budget
- Application, Instructions and Preparations
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
- Fashion Business Management students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor. Students may participate in their 5th or 6th semesters.
- Fashion Design students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor. Students may participate during their 6th or 7th semester.
*Specializations: Knitwear, Sportswear or Intimate Apparel (Intimate Apparel and Knitwear 6th semester only / Sportswear 6th or 7th semester)
**Portfolio Requirement: If meeting for an interview, please make sure to bring your portfolio that includes your fashion art work and garments that you have made. These should be represented as real garments and NOT Just PHOTOS of garments.
For students currently abroad and interviewing over Skype: Students must email Prof. Skocir their Skype username, upload their current work to Google Drive and share it a minimum of 2 days prior to interview.
- Production Management students must obtain academic advisement and Chairperson/Advisor approval. Students may participate during their 6th semester.
Students must take a minimum of half of their courses (at least 6 credits) in the Department of Textiles & Clothing. Remaining credits may be taken within other schools.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the HKPU website.
Students are accommodated in shared rooms at Polytechnic University's Student Residential Hall, a few minutes walking distance from the campus. Students accepted to study at HK PolyU will be able to apply online for their accommodation.
Students will be required to apply for a Study Visa for the duration of their stay in Hong Kong. Students are encouraged to carefully review the Study Visa Requirements. Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: GeoBlue Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Student Health Insurance
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
See Scholarships & Financial Aid page.