Program Type: Semester Study Abroad
Donghua University (DHU), located in downtown Shanghai, China, is one of the most highly regarded universities in China and internationally recognized in the fields of textile, fashion and materials. DHU offers specialized programs in the Fashion Design, Textile Engineering and International Trade disciplines. As the most populous and modern city in China, Shanghai is a global financial center with distinct Western influences while maintaining historic landmarks like City God Temple and The Bund.
- Course Information
- Academic Calendar
- Study Visa
- Health Insurance
- Program Budget
- Application, Instructions and Preparations
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
- Fashion Business Management students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor.
- International Trade & Marketing students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor.
FIT student may take designated approved courses.
Mid March - Mid June
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay.
Students will reside in the residence halls on the Donghua campus. Double rooms are available. Each room contains a private bath, furniture, A/C, telephone, Television, refrigerator, and internet. Each floor has washing machines as well as a community kitchen with electric stoves and microwaves.
Students will be required to apply for a Study Visa for the duration of their stay in China. Students are encouraged to carefully review the Study Visa requirements. Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: GeoBlue Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Student Health Insurance
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
See the Scholarships & Financial Aid page.