Chelsea College of Art and Design
Program Type: Exchange
The Chelsea College of Arts, located in London, England, is one of London’s most prestigious art and design colleges. A college of University of Arts London, Chelsea College provides a supportive community that encourages experimentation and the development of creative ideas and concepts. London is a leading global city from almost every perspective from arts to education to finance, with a diverse range of peoples and cultures and more than 300 languages spoken in the Greater London area.
- Course Information
- Academic Calendar
- Study Visa
- Health Insurance
- Program Budget
- Application, Instructions and Preparations
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Graphic Design students must apply online and submit a portfolio to Prof. Marianne Klimchuk (D-319) with 12 pieces of recent work no later than March 1st by 5:00pm. Students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor. Graphic Design students are eligible during their 7th semester.
- Textile/Surface Design students must apply online and obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor. Textile/Surface Design students are eligible during their 7th semester.
Graphic Design students take courses in the Graphic Design Communications BA (Hons) Programme at Chelsea College.
Textile/Surface Design students take courses in the Textile Design BA (Hons) Programme at Chelsea College.
UAL Course Catalog (Textile Design)
**No Liberal Arts courses are available.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the Chelsea College website.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. Students may choose to live in one of the University's halls of residence or in a privately-rented home.
Accommodation Services can provide information and advice to help find a suitable place to live.
US citizens will enter as student visitors and will not require a Study Visa for the duration of their stay in England. All non-US citizens are encouraged to carefully review the Study Visa requirements. Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: GeoBlue Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Health Insurance
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
See the Scholarships & Financial Aid page.