American University of Rome
Program Type: Semester Study Abroad
The American University of Rome (AUR), located on the crest of the Gianicolo in Rome, Italy, is committed to preparing students to live and work across the globe through its diverse multi-cultural student body and practical interdisciplinary majors. AUR pairs American practical know-how and technological capability with the Italian classical tradition of humanities and liberal arts. Rome’s history spans more than two and half millennia and regarded as the birthplace of Western civilization. Modern Rome remains the world’s most visited destination for its historic monuments and museums.
- Course Information
- Academic Calendar
- Study Visa
- Health Insurance
- Program Budget
- Application, Instructions and Preparations
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
- Advertising & Marketing Communications students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor.
- Fashion Business Management students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the Faculty Coordinator
- Film & Media students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the Chairperson/Advisor.
- Entrepreneurship students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor.
- International Trade and Marketing students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor.
All students must register for an Italian language class during their semester abroad in Rome.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the AUR website.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. American University of Rome arranges housing in two or three bedroom apartments.
Students will be required to apply for a Study Visa for the duration of their stay in Italy. Students are encouraged to carefully review the Study Visa requirements. Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: GeoBlue Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Health Insurance
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
See the Scholarships & Financial Aid page.