American University Paris
Program Type: Semester Study Abroad
The American University of Paris (AUP), centrally located in the seventh arrondissement of Paris, France, is a successful experiment in international, interdisciplinary education and the oldest American higher education institution in Europe. AUP believes that everyone is, at some point, a foreigner and promotes the theme of global citizenship with a culture of community engagement. Located in the cultural center of Paris, students can access every facet of creative expression from the Louvre to the Opéra Garnier to Le Grand Rex.
- Course Information
- Academic Calendar
- Study Visa
- Health Insurance
- Program Budget
- Application, Instructions and Preparations
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
- Advertising & Marketing Communications students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the Department Chairperson. Students may participate in their 5th, 6th or 7th. semesters.
- Entrepreneurship students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the Department Chairperson.
- Fashion Business Management students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the Departmental Coordinator. Students may participate in their 5th, 6th or 7th. semesters.
- International Trade & Marketing students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the Department Chairperson.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the AUP website.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. AUP does not provide on campus housing; however, they can assist students in securing private student housing off campus.
Students will be required to apply for a Study Visa for the duration of their stay in France. Students are encouraged to carefully review the Study Visa requirements. Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: MSH International Study Abroad Insurance
*This policy is required by the American University of Paris in lieu of HTH Worldwide. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval. AUP requires students to pay the mandatory Orientation and French Insurance Fee directly to the host university. Students will not be billed by FIT for HTH Worldwide insurance.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Health Insurance
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
See the Scholarships & Financial Aid page.