American Business School
Program Type: Semester Study Abroad
The American Business School of Paris (ABS), centrally located on the Canal St. Martin in Paris’ tenth arrondissement, is an immersive institution with an international student population that represents over 80 countries. ABS emphasizes hands-on internships and coaching, with internationally accredited degree programs in business and fashion management to prepare students for a global marketplace. Located in the cultural center of Paris, students can access every facet of creative expression from the Louvre to the Opéra Garnier to Le Grand Rex.
- Course Information
- Academic Calendar
- Study Visa
- Health & Wellness
- Program Budget
- Application, Instructions and Preparations
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
- Advertising & Marketing Communications students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor.
- Advertising & Marketing Communications students are eligible during their 5th, 6th or 7th semesters.
ABS offers a wide range of business and liberal arts courses.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the ABS website.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. ABS does not provide on campus housing; however, students can sublet apartments through ABS. Three main options are available:
Home-Stay (with host family)
Shared Studio (with 1 roommate from ABS)
Single Studio (with 1 single bed)
Students will be required to apply for a Study Visa for the duration of their stay in France. Students are encouraged to carefully review the Study Visa requirements. Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: GeoBlue Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Health Insurance
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
See the Scholarships & Financial Aid page.