skip to con tent

In this section

Post-Graduation Opportunities Abroad

Taking advantage of opportunities to live and work abroad after graduation is a great way to gain international experience before starting a career. This list was put together as a way to give students some general ideas about the types of work abroad opportunities that are out there. 

Live And Work Abroad

Teach English

Teaching English abroad is a great way to obtain a visa for both short and long-term stays. Most programs only require a Bachelor's degree to be eligible to apply. 

France: Teaching Assistant Program in France (TAPIF)

Japan: Japan Exchange & Teaching (JET)

Korea: English Program in Korea (EPIK)

Spain: North American Language and Culture Assistants 

Working Holiday

Some countries offer short-term, temporary visas for Americans to live and work in a variety of different fields.

Australia: Working Holiday Visa

New Zealand: Working Holiday Visa

Fulbright Program

Fulbright is an American scholarship programs that provides grants for international educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists and artists. Different grant types are offered to study and research or serve as an English Teaching Assistant abroad. 

Worldwide: Fulbright Program

Peace Corps

Peace Corps is a volunteer program run by the United States government to serve in countries around the world. 

Worldwide: Peace Corps


Mountbatten participants live in London and undertake a full-time, 12-month practical training placement, while studying towards an MBA degree, an MA or Postgraduate Certificate.

London: Mountbatten Institute