The FIT Meditation Space, located on the seventh floor of the Dubinsky Student Center (Room A-746), has been specifically created to provide a spiritually calm, warm, and supportive
space for FIT students. Here we invite students from all backgrounds and cultures
to meditate, pray, reflect, or simply to take time to be still. It is our hope that
this space will serve as a serene oasis for our students who need to take time to
renew themselves for a few minutes during their busy day.
Meditation Space Guidelines
The Meditation Space is intended for currently enrolled students and is intended for individual use only. In other words, this space may not be used for any organized group activity or meetings.
Hours of access are from 9am till 6pm, Monday through Friday. The room will remain unlocked and accessible during this time. The Space is closed on weekends, college holidays, and academic term breaks. It has been created to provide a spiritually calm, warm, and supportive space for FIT students. Students from all backgrounds and cultures are invited to meditate, pray, reflect, or simply to take time to be still. Visitors must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Sign the Guest User log upon entry
• Remove your shoes upon entry and place them in the provided shoe rack
• Any bags or backpacks should be placed into the cubbies provided
• Do not use this room as a lounge, study room, a meeting room, or for other purposes
• Do not use this space to sleep
• No items are to be removed from the room save for your own personal belongings
• Users are asked to leave the room in the same condition as it was in prior to use
• Silence and mutual respect are expected at all times; music is to be listened to through earphones or earplugs with all musical devices (e.g., iPods, MP3 players, etc.)
• Food and beverages are not permitted in the meditation space
• Cell phone use in space is for emergency use only; cell phones must be placed on silent upon entry
• Candles, burning oils, incense, or any other flammable items are not permitted in the meditation space
If you feel as though you are facing any type of harassment or discrimination while using this space, please contact the Dean of Students Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the expectations for student behavior on campus, please refer to the College Policies outlined below.
Non Discrimination and Anti-Harassment
Discrimination and harassment are behaviors that do not fall in line with the standards of conduct expected of a member of the FIT community in the workplace or in any college-related setting, including but not limited to off-campus, college-related events and activities. To see the complete policy, please click here.
Bias Crime Prevention
Hate crimes, also called bias crimes or bias-related crimes, are criminal activities motivated by the perpetrator's bias or attitude against an individual victim or group based on perceived or actual personal characteristics, such as race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. To help ensure an environment free of such hateful acts, the College has enacted policies and procedures to inform incoming students how these hate crimes can be prevented on campus. To see the complete policy, please click here.
Code of Student Conduct
All FIT students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with their respective positions within the academic community and comply with the directions of employees who are acting in the performance of their duties. Specifically, students are expected to refrain from conduct that threatens or endangers the health, safety, and welfare of their community. To see the complete policy, please click here.
Sexual Misconduct Response
FIT prohibits sexual misconduct by its students, faculty, administrators, or staff. Sexual misconduct covered by this policy includes, among other things, sexual assault, gender-based harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, and domestic and intimate partner violence. The College will promptly investigate all allegations of sexual misconduct and take appropriate disciplinary action upon finding a violation of this policy. To see the complete policy, please click here.