Orientation Leaders (OLs) play a critical role in New Student Orientation as part
of the larger Orientation Team. As student leaders, OLs set the tone for an incoming
student's FIT experience. OLs not only welcome new students to FIT, they help new
student's successfully transition to FIT. The OL position at FIT requires a high
level of energy, student interaction, and time management. Orientation at FIT is a
fun, exciting, and engaging experience. Orientation Leaders are the ones who make
it all happen. Teamwork, support and collaboration is at the core of the Orientation Leader
position and are necessary components to a successful orientation experience.
An Orientation Leader is expected to:
- be on time, enthusiastic, and ready to participate in the daily events of orientation;
- have a willingness to help out whenever needed;
- be available to co-lead an orientation small group throughout all of orientation;
- create an enjoyable and inviting atmosphere;
- lead by example by upholding FIT policies and demonstrating responsible behavior;
- create and/or design various orientation resources and materials;
- co-present information at various orientation programs and events;
- report any and all student concerns, issues, and emergencies to a supervisor; and
- assist with the assessment plan for orientation programs.
An Orientation Leader is required to:
- attend all orientation leader training sessions (Tiger LEADer Training / Fall OL Training);
- participate in fall New Student Orientation;
- maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 throughout their employment;
- remain in good standing in the FIT Student Conduct System; and
- be a full-time student at FIT throughout their employment.
Orientation Leader recruitment takes place during both the fall and spring semesters. If you are interested in becoming an OL or have any questions about the program, email Catlin_Wojtkowski@fitnyc.edu.