RESIDENTS MUST VACATE by 5:00 pm on on Friday, May 21
Spring 2021 Move Out Process
- Complete the Spring Move-Out Checklist with your roommate
- Fill out the Closing Form that will be to your FIT email address to inform us of your move-out plan. You will be allowed 1 guest only during the time slot you sign up for. Time slots will be limited to prevent a large number of people in the halls at the same time.
- Once you are ready to leave the halls for the last time, move all of your belongings out of your room and turn in your room key to the dropbox in the lobby of your building.
- Log into your MyHousing account and on the home page click “Complete Express Check Out” and follow the prompts on the next page.
NYC Traffic and Parking
If you plan on staying until March 21, we encourage you to take advantage of a weekend time slot to move out the majority of your belongings and keep only essential items that you need for the duration of your stay until that time.
DO NOT LEAVE CARS UNATTENDED. Please note that New York City will tow and ticket unattended cars on the street.
- All rooms must be left in clean condition (broom swept, floors mopped, etc.)
- All personal items should be placed above floor level.
- Students in suites must not unplug refrigerators.
- All windows must be closed securely and blinds pulled down.
- All unwanted items and garbage must be discarded by residents.
- Any items or garbage remaining after a resident withdraws or switches rooms will be disposed of by FIT maintenance staff at the resident’s expense (including items left in public areas). Residents in suites are responsible for cleaning the refrigerator, stove, kitchen cabinets, kitchen sink, and bath, shower, and bathroom areas.
PLEASE NOTE: If your room is not left in “move-in condition,” you will be charged a cleaning fee determined by FIT’s maintenance department. If items are left in rooms after you have checked out, you may be charged for summer housing.
Cart and Bin Availability
See posted signs on your floor for the times and dates where carts and bins will be available for check-out.
Forward Your Mail
Two weeks prior to departure, contact individuals, companies, and subscriptions with your forwarding address. Supply the mailroom with enough forwarding labels (8.5" x 11" sheet) to last for 30 days. Once labels are used, all mail will be returned to sender. Mail is forwarded for a maximum of 30 days.
Meal Plan Information
Meal plan and declining dollars must be used or they will be lost. Plan accordingly. Use this opportunity to stock up on items you can use this summer or treat friends to pizza, but use it up! Want to know the amount remaining on your declining balance? Visit FIT Dining Services Service Window (A Building, dining hall).