RESIDENTS MUST VACATE by 9:00 a.m. on the day following their last final exam or by 5:00 pm on Monday, May 21, 2018* whichever is earlier
*Note: Due to the snow days this semester, some professors may be holding make-up classes on Tuesday 5/22 and Wednesday 5/23. If you have a class after 5:00 pm on Monday, May 21, 2018, you will need to fill out this Google form before May 14th and attach your course schedule or a note from their professor to have their move-out time extended. A $100 late check-out fine will be imposed on students who have not registered and have not checked out of the halls by 5pm on 5/21. The resident will be immediately removed from the residence halls and any personal belongings left behind will be discarded.
Graduates registered for commencement will be granted an extended stay and will be contacted about special check-out hours. Only those registered for cap and gown will be granted an extended check-out date.
- Remove all your belongings from the room and make sure you meet with your RA to schedule the completion of your RCR. Failure to complete your RCR will waive your right to contest any damage charges.
- Go to the “Express Check-Out” station located in the lobby of your building.
- Swipe your ID OR click on “Check-Out Another Way” (enter last name and date of birth) and follow the prompts. Make sure you click “continue” on the last screen to insure check-out.
- Place your key/s/key card (if applicable) in the envelope, fill out the information required on the envelope and drop it into the box (envelopes are located at each station). There is a $50.00 charge for unreturned keys.
You’re done! Keep your ID and remember to check for discount offers to students over the summer!
Options for Moving Out of the Residence Halls
Residents who live within driving distance should consider moving their possessions on the weekends of May 5th and/or May 12th. If you are not within driving distance, consider shipping your belongings home.
DO NOT LEAVE CARS UNATTENDED. Please note that N.Y.C. will tow & ticket unattended cars on the Street.
- All rooms must be left in clean condition (broom swept, floors mopped, etc.).
- All personal items should be placed above floor level
- All electrical appliances must be unplugged (TV, Stereo, Alarm Clocks, etc.) and all lights must be turned off. Students in suites must not unplug refrigerators.
- All windows must be closed securely and blinds pulled down.
- All unwanted items and garbage must be discarded by residents.
- Any items or garbage remaining after a resident withdraws or switches rooms will be disposed of by FIT maintenance staff at the resident’s expense (including items left in public areas). Residents in suites are responsible for cleaning the refrigerator, stove, kitchen cabinets/sink and bath/shower/bathroom areas.
- NEED TO DISPOSE OF LARGE ITEMS OR GARBAGE?
Where: 27th Street - A dumpster is provided on 27th Street in front of Nagler Hall.
Kaufman: Place large items in floor trash rooms.
PLEASE NOTE: If your room is not left in “move-in condition”, you will be charged a cleaning fee determined by FIT’s maintenance department. If items are left in rooms after you have checked out, you may be charged for summer housing.
Cart and Bin Availability
See posted signs on your floor for the times/dates where carts and bins will be available for residents to check-out
Need to forward your mail?
Two weeks prior to departure, contact individuals, companies and subscriptions with your forwarding address. Supply the mailroom with enough forwarding labels (8 ½ x 11 sheet) to last for 30 days. Once labels are used, all mail will be returned to sender. Mail is forwarded for a maximum of 30 days.
Use it or lose it - Meal Plan Information
Reminder: Meal plan/declining dollars must be used or they will be lost. Plan accordingly. Use this opportunity to stock up on items you can use this summer or treat friends to pizza, etc. but use it up! Want to know the amount remaining on your declining balance? Visit FIT Dining Services - Service Window (A Building-dining hall).