Students accepted to Kaufman Hall:
Residents Scheduled to Check-In MUST Arrive at 406 West 31st Street (between 9th and 10th Aves). If you are arriving by car when moving-in please approach from 10th Ave, turn right onto W. 34th street and then another right down 9th Ave before turning onto 31st street.
With over 2,000 students living on campus, move-in becomes a challenge. FIT’s residence halls are located in the heart of New York City and Kaufman Hall is a main thoroughfare to the Lincoln tunnel. The Department of Transportation limits street closings in NYC; therefore, we rely on your compliance with the following schedule:
NO CHECK-IN PRIOR TO AUGUST 25th - No exceptions!
Saturday, AUGUST 25, 2018
Sunday, AUGUST 26, 2018
- You will not be able to check-in to Kaufman Hall if you arrive outside of the above time. If you arrive outside of your scheduled check-in time, you will be denied access. Please plan your travel accordingly.
- During your assigned check-in time, cars will be able to enter the parking lot on 30th street. One person must stay in the car at all times. The driver should not exit the vehicle and it should be moved out of the parking lot immediately after unloaded. Staff will assist in unloading the vehicle and bringing the bin up to your room. You may only bring one bin worth of belongings to bring belongings up to your room. Please make sure to bring only what may fit into one of these bins as any additional items that will not fit in the bin must be shipped or brought at a later date. Cars will be given access to unload one bin’s worth of belongings only. Parked cars will be towed. We will provide you with local parking options to use once your car has been unloaded
- Please follow this map to join the parking lot entry queue by your scheduled check-in time. This map also includes local parking garages.
There will be limited check-in hours between 6:00pm and 11:00pm. Students will still be able to check-in at this time but there will be limited college personnel available. Please follow posted signs after 6pm.
Students arriving between 11:00 PM and 9:00 AM will NOT have access to the residence halls.
During your assigned move-in time, student staff will help you unload your car into one bin and staff will assist you with moving the bin up to your room. Please make sure to bring only what may fit into one bin as any additional items must be brought at a later date.
The bins are approximately W = 38" x L = 28" x H = 35" and look like this:
ROOM AND ROOMMATE INFORMATION
Students can start viewing their initial room and roommate assignments starting July 15 on their MyHousing. This will be an initial assignment and may change prior to check-in. For the most updated information check your FIT email and MyHousing.
- Check your FIT email. The Residential Life Office corresponds with students through their official FIT email account. Please be sure to check your FIT email account regularly for updates and information such as billing, acceptance, move in/out information. Please see the FIT IT page for more information about your FIT log-in information
- Always carry your FIT Card / FIT ID. ID cards must be shown when entering a building, obtaining meals, and when signing in guests. Tampering with IDs or giving your ID to another for purposes of gaining access to FIT buildings is grounds for dismissal from the residence halls.
- FIT is a dry campus. No alcohol and no drugs. Rules and regulations are strictly enforced.