Students accepted to Alumni, Coed or Nagler Halls:
FIT’s location, in the middle of NYC’s busy fashion district, creates some unique challenges when it comes to move-in day. We ask that you read our move-in information carefully as your adherence to these instructions will facilitate the easiest and least stressful move-in experience possible.
All new residents will move in on Sunday, August 19th. Each resident will be assigned a specific arrival time to check-in that day. Residents will not be permitted access to 27th street if they arrive outside of their arrival time. Please plan ahead and account for weather or traffic delays to arrive at your scheduled time.
NO CHECK-INs PRIOR TO AUGUST 19th. No exceptions!
Sunday, AUGUST 19, 2018
Please make note of the following information carefully:
- During your assigned move-in time, student staff will help you unload your car into two bins (http://www.fitnyc.edu/images/moveinbins.jpg) and assist you with moving the bins up to your room. Please make sure to bring only what may fit into two of these bins as any additional items must be brought at a later date.
- One person must stay in the car at all times while move-in crews load the bins. The driver should not exit the vehicle and it should be moved off the block immediately after unloaded.
- There is no parking on 27th street. Cars will be given access to unload only. Parked cars will be towed. We will provide you with local parking options to use once your car has been unloaded.
- You will check-in with the RA on your floor, who will provide check-in materials including your key and ID.
There will be limited check-in hours between 6:00pm and 11:00pm. Students will still be able to check-in at this time but there will be limited college personnel available. There will be no move-in assistance and limited carts available at this time.
Students arriving between 11:00 PM and 9:00 AM will NOT have access to the residence halls.
ROOM AND ROOMMATE INFORMATION
Students can start viewing their initial room and roommate assignments starting July 20 on their MyHousing. This will be an initial assignment and may change prior to check-in. For the most updated information check your FIT email and MyHousing.
During your assigned move-in time, student staff will help you unload your car into two bins and assist you with moving the bins up to your room. Please make sure to bring only what may fit into these bins as any additional items must be brought at a later date.
The bins are approximately W = 38" x L = 28" x H = 35" and look like this:
Other Information for new students:
- FIT requires all residents to have health insurance and to complete the Meningitis Immunization Survey provided by FIT Health Services within 30 days of the beginning of the Semester. For more information please see the FIT Health Services page
- Check your FIT email. The Residential Life Office corresponds with students through their official FIT email account. Please be sure to check your FIT email account regularly for updates and information such as billing, acceptance, move in/out information. Please see the FIT IT page for more information about your FIT log-in information
- Always carry your FIT Card / FIT ID. ID cards must be shown when entering a building, obtaining meals, and when signing in guests. Tampering with IDs or giving your ID to another for purposes of gaining access to FIT buildings is grounds for dismissal from the residence halls.
- FIT is a dry campus. No alcohol and no drugs. Rules and regulations are strictly enforced.