1. What are the requirements for ESL Students?
Must be 18 years old to apply for housing (Those under 18 will not be able to access the application)
Must be enrolled in the ESL Program prior to applying for housing
Must pay the entire ESL Housing rate at the time of application
Must complete the orientation questionnaire with a passing grade
To complete the orientation questionnaire:
Log on to secure area - MyFIT
Sign in to MyFIT with FIT username and password
Click the "Student Services" tab
Then click "Online Information System" (located in the middle column)
Click "Residential Life"
Click "FIT Questionnaire"
2. When will applications be available and how can I apply?
Applications will be available by April
3. What should I do if I am receiving an error message saying that my "student number is not eligible for housing"?
Applicants will receive this error message if they are under 18 years of age or if they are NOT enrolled in the ESL program.
4. Will I be given a refund if I no longer want to stay at FIT?
No. There are NO REFUNDS for summer housing.
5. Where will ESL students live?
Coed Hall at 230 West 27th Street, New York, NY 10001
6. How are ESL students assigned a single room?
To be assigned to a single room, you must apply and pay the single rate.
7. Will I have a roommate(s)?
It is recommended that you request roommates. Applicants without requests will be assigned roommates based on age and gender.
8. Do I have to pay in full?
Yes. You must pay by credit card upon submission of the application.
9.Can ESL applicants pay an additional fee to move in early or stay after the listed
dates of stay?
No. The dates of stay for ALL ESL residents are based on the ESL program. We are not able to accommodate anyone before Saturday, June 24 or after Friday, July 21, 2017 @ 9AM.
10. When is check-in/check-out?
For Summer 2016 Check-in is as follows:
- Saturday, June 24 and Sunday, June 25, 2017 from 10AM-11PM
For Summer 2016, Check-out is as follows:
- Friday, July 21, 2017 by 9AM - No exceptions. Residents must leave their room in move-in
condition and remove all trash and belongings to avoid any maintenance fees.
11. Will I be able to check-in after 11:00PM during the check-in days and time?
No. There is no late night check-in. Residents attempting to check-in after 11:00PM will not be given access to the residence halls. Residents may stay with a friend already living at FIT as a registered overnight guest and check-in the following day (overnight visitation charges will apply).
12. Am I allowed to have an overnight visitor/guest?
Yes. Summer overnight visitation is limited to 8 nights per 30 days not exceeding 2 consecutive nights. Residents are charged $10.00 for each overnight guest. Overnight visitors are considered anyone visiting between 12AM-8AM and must be pre-registered and paid. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply; see resident handbook.
13. Are there any activities on weekends or evenings when classes are not held?
Limited activities are held in the summer by the Residential Life Department. Please look for notices on residence hall floors for dates and times of scheduled events. Please visit the Student Life Department for more information.
14. Is the cafeteria opened during the summer sessions?
No. Please check out the FIT neighborhood for places to eat and purchase groceries.
15. What furniture is provided in the suite?
All suites consist of furnished rooms, kitchen, and private bath. Each apartment has a twin bed, desk, armoire, and chest of drawers for each occupant. You must provide your own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows, and blankets.
16. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
No. FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited, this includes paraphernalia.
17. How do I register my overnight visitors/guests?
All overnight visitors/guests must be registered prior to their arrival. Without pre-registration, guests will not be allowed in the halls and additional fees may apply.