On campus housing will be available to all students registered for 12 or more credits for the Spring 2021 semester.
The residence halls will continue to operate with strict safety requirements and protocols informed by the current COVID-19 pandemic and state and SUNY guidelines, This includes
- required routine Covid-19 testing
- exclusion of guests and visitors to the residence halls
- social distancing and mask requirements
- reduced occupancy
- increased cleaning procedures.
The dates of stay are 1/19/2021-5/19/2021. Individual move in and move out dates will be determined based on quarantine and travel requirements and the final exam schedule. Travel during FIT’s spring break may be restricted for residents living on campus and details will be communicated as the break period approaches.
APPLYING FOR SPRING 2021 HOUSING
If you are interested in living on campus for the Spring 2021 semester, the housing contract is available for you to sign on your MyHousing account. Please note that if you lived on campus Fall 2020, you will still need to reapply for housing for the Spring semester.
- Log-in to MyFIT
- Click Student Tab > Scroll down to Housing/Residential Life > Click MyHousing > Choose “Apply Online” > Select the application available to you.
- A non-refundable $500 credit card deposit is required if you did not already pay the deposit in the fall semester.
Housing is not guaranteed and is subject to availability. Students are not guaranteed a particular style of accommodation when applying but will provide their preferences, which will be accommodated based on availability.
After you apply, the timeline is as follows:
- 12/14/20: students notified of housing status (confirmed or waitlisted)
- 12/14/20-12/21/20: roommate selection (for those assigned to shared occupancy spaces)
- 1/5/21: housing assignments and move in time frame confirmed
Meal plans will be required for all students according to the following parameters:
In apartment style accommodations,
- Students designated in fall 2020 or spring 2021 as New/Entering students must have a minimum of the 150 block plan, and will be automatically enrolled in the 150 block plan, which also includes $850 in declining balance.
- Students designated in fall 2020 as Current/Returning students must have a minimum of the 75 block plan, and will be automatically enrolled in the 75 block plan, which also includes $500 in declining balance. iv. Meal plan fees are not refundable.
In traditional style accommodations,
- All students must have a minimum of the 150 block plan, and will be automatically enrolled in the 150 block plan, which also includes $850 in declining balance.
More information on the dining plans is available on the Dining Services Website. Students wishing to increase their meal plan may make changes during the first two weeks of classes.
If you previously applied for housing but do not wish to live on campus for Spring 2021, you may request a refund of your housing deposit by submitting a housing withdrawal request on the FIT Residential Life website.