Online applications available
February 27, 2018 at 1:00 pm - March 1, 2018 at 1:00 pm
As there’s a high demand for on-campus housing, we utilize a lottery to allow for fair and equitable distribution of housing spaces. Although housing is not guaranteed, the lottery allows us to disseminate approx. 1,000 spaces for current/returning students in the fairest way possible. Please review the information below to familiarize yourself with the process.
- All current and/or returning FIT students who wish to live in FIT housing must re-apply each year.
- Housing for current and/or returning students is available in Kaufman Hall (406 w 31st Street) only.
- Housing contracts are binding for the 2018-2019 academic year. Exceptions include:
○ December Graduates.
○ One semester exchange students.
○ College-approved Study Abroad programs.
- Students must maintain 12 or more credits each semester to be eligible.
- Housing Applications will be accepted beginning 1pm February 27, 2018 until 1pm March 1, 2018.
Before February 27, complete the following to ensure access to the housing application:
● Check that your debit/credit card has the required funds available to complete the application. A non-refundable $500 credit card deposit is required.
● Remember that Emergency Contact information must be included in order to submit your application. Please have name and phone numbers readily available.
HOUSING APPLICATION PROCESS:
● Housing applications will be available online at MyHousing
● To apply:
○ Log-in to MyFIT
○ Click Student Tab > Scroll down to Housing/Residential Life > Click MyHousing > Select "Applications" Tab > Choose "Current/Returning Student: Academic Year Housing" application.
○ A non-refundable $500 credit card deposit is required
● Applications will be accepted beginning 1pm February 27, 2018 until 1pm March 1, 2018.
● Students who submit an application during the time period noted above will be entered into the housing lottery for the approx. 1,000 spaces available. .
○ Applications will be randomly assigned a computer-generated number.
○ Those with lottery numbers 1-1,000 will be CONFIRMED for housing and entered into the room/roommate selection process.
○ Applicants who do not receive housing will be placed on the waitlist and offered housing based on availability.
Applicants with confirmed housing