Selecting a Precollege course takes a bit of research on the student's part. We cannot
tell you what to enroll in. Course selection is based on the your major of interest,
abilities and weaknesses, and overall passion for the subject. Choose a course you'll
be excited about!
STEP 1: TIME COMMITMENT
Choose between our 4-day Precollege Workshops (HSX, JSX, HBL)-OR-our 11-day "LIVE" high school classes (HAC, HAD, HAR, HFA, etc...)
- "LIVE" Classes represent specific FIT majors and are very popular among students preparing for art and design colleges.
- WORKSHOPS focus on a specific set of skills or interests that may span several majors. Perfect for students who are hobbyists or are new to Precollege Programs.
STEP 2: AREA OF INTEREST
Choose from our many courses related to a specific major, or choose a class that focuses on a skill you'd like to develop.
- If you know which major you'd like to explore, click on the related link below for our course recommendations.
- If you do not have a major in mind, but have a topic you'd like to learn more about, select our "Advisement" link to to see our recommendations.
- Finally, when you know which class you want, visit: High School and Middle School Programs to access our online store.
Precollege Course Recommendations for Specific AAS Programs:
Accessories Design-AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Advertising and Marketing Communications- AAS Essay Recommendations
Communication Design- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing- AAS Essay Recommendations
Fashion Design: Apparel- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Fashion Design: Art- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Fashion Design: Menswear- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Fashion Styling- Is Fashion Styling a major at FIT?
Film and Media-AAS Essay Recommendations
Fine Arts- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Fashion Business Management- AAS Essay Recommendations
Interior Design- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Illustration- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
International Trade and Marketing- AAS Essay Recommendations
Jewelry Design- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Photography- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Production Management-AAS Essay Recommendations
Textile Development and Marketing- AAS Essay Recommendations
Textile/Surface Design- AAS Portfolio Building Courses
Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design-AAS Portfolio Building Courses