Policy No: HR001
Workplace health and safety are paramount concerns for the Fashion Institute of Technology. Employees at FIT are covered under New York State Workers’ Compensation law. In the event of a job-related injury or illness, workers’ compensation insurance pays for necessary and reasonable medical care expenses related to the injury or illness. Workers’ compensation may also provide some reimbursement for lost wages.
Who Should Read This Policy
- All FIT employees and related auxiliary corporation employees
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Responsible Office(s): Human Resources
- Implementation History: Issued June 2017
- Contact(s): Human Resources, Public Safety, Environmental Health and Safety Compliance and PMA (Workers’ Compensation Carrier)
View Official Policy*
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.