Policy No. EM009
Students residing in a facility owned or operated by the Fashion Institute of Technology (“FIT”
or “the college”) have the option to register a confidential contact person (as opposed to
an emergency contact person) to be notified in case the student is determined to be
from their residence. Access to confidential contact information is only available to authorized campus officials and law enforcement officers in furtherance of an investigation.
Who is Affected by This Policy
- All members of the FIT community
- All FIT residence hall students
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Responsible Office: Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Implementation History: Issued August 2008; Updated August 2017
- Contact: Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success
View Official Policy
EM009, Missing Student (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.