Policy No. AA002
Members of the faculty and administrative personnel of the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT or college) who retire in good standing shall be entitled to request the addition of the term emeritus to the title of their academic or administrative post after the time of retirement, providing they have met certain conditions. The rank of emeritus is an honorary title, non-salaried, non-official position and only full-time faculty or full-time administrative personnel are eligible. Emeritus honorary title shall remain through the life of the designee, unless removed by FIT for cause.
Who Should Read This Policy
- Faculty of FIT
- Administrative personnel of FIT
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Responsible Office(s): Academic Affairs and Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Implementation History: Issued April 1977, Revised December 2014
- Contact(s): Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
View Official Policy
AA002, Emeritus Status (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.