Thank you for your interest in obtaining images from the collection of The Museum at FIT. The Museum provides images for educational presentations, professional research, print and electronic publications, and media projects. The Museum at FIT grants permission to download collection images from our website for your own personal, non-commercial use, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Requests for all other uses must be made via our request form. Permission to use the visual resources of The Museum at FIT is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Museum. Please contact us for information concerning permissions, or to request digital photography of works in the museum collection. License fees apply depending on the type and nature of the intended use.
If you are a member of the press and want to request images, please contact the Office
of Communications and External Relations / Cheri Fein at email@example.com or 212 217.4700.
Image Request Instructions
Make your image request via our
Once we receive your request, every effort will be made to meet your publication deadline. Please allow 4-6 weeks to process your request. Following receipt and approval of your complete request, we will send you an invoice. The invoice must be paid in full, and the Rights and Reproductions Agreement signed before photography is released to you.
- Rights and Reproductions Fee Schedule
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement Print
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement Print (World Language Rights)
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement Commercial
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement Other
- Permission is granted for one-time, non-exclusive use, in one publication, one edition, and one language, unless duly stated and approved.
- At no time may the image(s) be used for advertisement.
- The image must be reproduced in its entirety. No alterations are allowed. No cropping, bleeding, or retouching is allowed.
- Nothing may be superimposed on the image.
- Images for use on the internet must include a link back to the Museums website, http://www.fitnyc.edu/museum.
- If an object has not been photographed, new photography may be requested. Please allow at least 4-6 weeks for processing, with an additional fee. New photography of oversize and/or fragile objects is at the discretion of the curators and conservators on staff and may require additional processing time.
- Fees for new photography are determined on a case-by-case basis, related to condition of object and ease of scheduling.
- Photography credit as provided must be included in the publication.
- Two complimentary copies of the publication must be sent to the Directors Office at MFIT:
The Museum at FIT
Attn: Melissa Marra
Seventh Avenue at 27th Street, E324
New York, NY 10001
Terms of Payment
Once you receive your invoice, payment is due in full and must be made in U.S. dollars. All payment should be made out and remitted to The Museum at FIT. Accepted forms of payment are U.S. check or international wire transfer. Image requests will be released when payment is received and Rights and Reproductions Agreement is signed.
How to Reach Us
If you have any questions, you may reach us by phone, fax or email:
Attn: Melissa Marra
Tel: 212 217.4552 / Fax: 212 217.4531