In this section:
- Scanners and BookScan Stations
- Other Peripherals: Digital Cameras, Wacom Tablets, Media Card Readers
Traditional flatbed scanners attached to PC and Mac Workstations as well as stand-alone BookScan stations and slide/negative scanners are available on all floors of the library. You may use them for free, but you need to provide digital storage media. All scanners are available to current FIT Students, Faculty, Staff. Visitors may only use BookScan stations.
BookScan stations are capable of saving to USB drive, e-mail, Google Drive or smart phone (via QR Code Reader app). There are 6 BookScan stations available throughout the Library.
Flat bed scanners:
- 13 scanners to capture up to 8.5" x 11" size image
- 4 scanners to capture up to 12" x 18" size image
- 6 standalone Bookscan Stations to capture up to 12" x 18" size image
Negative / Slide scanning:
- Plustek OpticFilm 8100i for 36.8mm x 25.4mm (E620)
- Wolverine SNaP-14MP (E620)
- Accessories for scanning film negatives and slides on V600 flatbed scanners and can be checked out at the Access Services desk on the 5th floor.
A copystand for photographing flatwork of larger dimensions is available in Art Resources Laboratory (ARL).
The 4 iMacs and 3 PC Workstations with flatbed and slide/negative scanners located on the 6th floor in E620 are dedicated for scanning as primary use, and students needing to scan get the preference.
The following items are available for check out at the 5th Floor Access Services Desk and are free of charge to FIT Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Digital Cameras
- Wacom Tablets
- Media Card Reader
- Film/Negative/Slide scanning accessories (certain scanners)
- Charging adapters and cables for certain devices
- OOMF Portable Chargers (user should have cables)