FITDIL is an Internet-based digital repository database of over 130,000 digital images intended for both research and instructional use by FIT students and faculty.
FITDIL highlights include:
- Over 65,000 art history images submitted by FIT's History of Art department
- Nearly 20,000 images and multimedia files of FIT student artwork submitted by all departments in the School of Art and Design
- Over 12,000 of on and off campus exhibition images including works by students and faculty members displayed in exhibitions
- More than 20,000 images from the FIT Library Designer Files Collection
- Rapidly growing FIT Library Designer Slides Collection with nearly 12,000 images
- Over 7,200 images from FIT's Special Collections and College Archives, mostly original fashion design illustrations
- 123 images from The Museum at FIT, focusing on aesthetically and historically significant "directional" clothing, accessories, textiles, and visual materials, with emphasis on contemporary avant-garde fashion
- Visual documentation of the FIT Library's Exhibits and Displays program
To access FITDIL:
Go to https://fitdil.fitnyc.edu and enter your FIT Username and Password.
The FITDIL database allows FIT academic departments to manage their own image collections and create slide shows for use in the classroom. These slide shows can also be printed out as flashcards by students for studying. FITDIL was created to encourage use of the internet as an instructional tool and to promote the sharing of visual resources by the FIT community. For more information about FITDIL visit FITDIL User Guide site.
The FITDIL office in Suite E409 also provides self-service imaging area for FITDIL users to digitize and submit materials to FITDIL. Service is open for walk-in inquiries, but we strongly recommend reservations via email [email protected] to insure the equipment availability.
For technical questions regarding FITDIL, please contact:
Hiroko Suda, FITDIL Tech
For FITDIL photography, please contact:
Alessandro Casagli, FITDIL Photographer
For FIT faculty questions regarding FITDIL and its use in the classroom, contact:
Jana Duda, Technology Resources Manager