The ARL is located on the 6th floor of the Library in E620.
Though currently available the area is still being developed.
The ARL provides an open space for artwork enlargement and projection, documentation of artwork by photography, and is available to all students at FIT.
The ARL is a self service lab. The lab itself and the equipment we have available for check out are provided as a service to the students at FIT, but we unable to provide any assistance. Written instructions are available in ARL. For tutorials and other details please visit the ARL Blog.
The ARL has:
- Several light tables
- Overhead digital projector
- Analog opaque projector
- Dedicated wall for large work documentation (coming soon)
- Copy stand
- Basic photographic equipment (for check out at the Circulation Desk)
ARL Rules and Policies
The following rules must be followed while you are using the ARL:
- No food or drink is allowed in the Art Resources Laboratory. The area outside the lab is OK for this.
- The ARL is a priority use space for photography, enlargement, tracing and other uses unique to this space. All other uses are subject to displacement so that these activities can be conducted by students in the lab.
- All equipment must be turned off / returned to the Circulation desk after use. Please do not leave the light tables and projectors on after you are done!
- You are expected to clean up after yourself. This is a shared space and needs to be maintained by its patrons.
General Policies for Checkout
You must fully understand that you are financially responsible for all equipment checked out from the library and will replace any item that is damaged or is not returned.
Loan Period – Maximum of 3 hours. All items are due ONE HOUR before the library closes.
Fines – $10.00 per hour for each hour overdue, plus $50.00 each overnight if not returned by closing time.
Replacement Cost – The cost of each item plus a $20.00 processing fee per item.