- For the updates on teaching, learning and reopening plans visit fitnyc.edu/restart
- Up-to-date campus-wide technology and systems related information on FIT IT Website: https://it.fitnyc.edu/
- Link to a Restart Guide for Students
PrintFX / FabLab & Tech teams are here to support you!
Send us your questions to [email protected] regarding:
Fabrication - 3D Modeling, Laser Cutting
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
General PrintFX or Technology questions
We will get back to you with an answer, and if more information is needed we will set up time for a short chat or demo session.
Please note that we are not able to accept inquiries from non-FIT affiliated Gmail accounts due to privacy restrictions.
We look forward to connecting with you!
The Innovative Technology and Digital Production (ITDP) unit within FIT's Information Technology division is responsible for serving the FIT community in several areas such as maintaining student Computer Labs, providing Digital Printing and Fabrication services on campus, and organizing workshops and events.
Department Head, James Pearce | Pomerantz D524
- FRS - Faculty Research Services,
- ITDP - Innovative Technology and Digital Production:
- PrintFX / FabLab
- LTUS - Library Technology User Services (ARL and MakerMinds)
- FITDIL - FIT Digital Image Library
Pomerantz Center, 5th Fl, D529A | (212) 217-5470
Provides high quality digital printing and fabrication services, such as 3D printing, laser cutting, and vinyl cutting to the FIT community.
- Mo Shahadat, PrintFX / Fablab Coordinator
- Linda Elber, PrintFX Assistant
- Jason Yip, Graphic Designer
- Autumn Newcomb, PrintFX, FabLab Technician
Goodman Center, E413 | (212) 217-4378
FITDIL photographs student work and exhibits around the campus, as well as collects digitized visual teaching materials, and Library collections. FITDIL assists in creating and revising the accompanying metadata, and prepares these digital materials for viewing in our FITDIL database.
- Hiroko Suda, FITDIL Database Technician - (212) 217-4378
- Alessandro Casagli, FITDIL Photographer - (212) 217-4387
Goodman Center, E409 | (212) 217-4379
Provides support to the FIT community of Library technology users, and are responsible for operations of Student Computer Labs within the Library. ARL and MakerMinds events are supported by LTUS as well.
- Richard Grauer, User Services Assistant
- Simona Jankauskaite, Technology Resources Assistant
- Nicholas Martucci, Technology Associate
Goodman Center, 6th Fl, E620 | (212) 217-4379
The ARL provides an open space for artwork enlargement and projection, documentation of artwork by photography, and is available to all students at FIT
Goodman Center, 6th Fl, E620
In collaboration with the Library, ITDP organizes MakerMinds events focusing on emerging and innovative technologies and possibilities to adapt and apply these technologies within FIT.