Library Instruction Request Form
Improving student information literacy and critical thinking skills is one of the Library's key responsibilities. Library faculty will work with classroom faculty to develop library instruction sessions that can take shape in a number of scenarios:
- 30-60 minute session(s) in the library or your classroom
- Library faculty connected to your course through Blackboard, via in person visits, or both!
- Request an instruction session using this form: (at least 2 weeks in advance of date requested)
For Fall 2018 semester:
Library instruction sessions will not be conducted during the first two weeks of the semester (August 27-September 9)
What can be covered?
Work with a librarian to develop a session that best suits your needs and is geared towards your subject area or a specific assignment. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Information literacy: How to determine what information is needed, identify the most appropriate resource and evaluate the information they find.
- Research skills and techniques (including citing sources): in general or subject specific
- Print & online library resources:
We're more than books! We can introduce your students to subject-appropriate materials including fashion and trend forecasting services, fashion/art/culture periodicals from around the world (we subscribe to 400+), article/business/image/reference databases, picture files, designer files, DVDs and so much more.
- Visual and inspirational research, including how to do effective image research
- How to find scholarly articles
- How to research a business and/or market