Research Services Desk (5th floor) and Instructional Queries: 212 217.4400
Offices: 5th and 6th Floors
Carli Spina, Associate Professor-Librarian, Head of Research and Instructional Services
Ask the Library online service (chat/text/email)
Library Instruction Request Form
Research and Instructional Services (RIS) faculty and staff help FIT students, faculty , staff and administration with their information and research needs.
Research Services: The Research Services Desk is located on the 5th floor and is staffed by Library faculty and/or Reference Assistants. We
- assist library users in finding materials and offer guidance for in-depth research projects
- answer reference questions in-person, online or by phone
- assist in the use of OneSearch (the Library catalog), our databases and other online resources, periodical indexes, books and other printed material
- locate books and periodicals that are not in our collections and refer patrons to other libraries
- assist faculty, upon request, by reviewing research assignments in advance for appropriate, accurate references to library resources
FIT faculty may request library instructional sessions : Librarian-led or self conducted.
The librarian-led instruction sessions can provide:
- general orientation the library
- assignment-specific research tools & techniques
- research and information literacy skills
For self-conducted instruction, we will reserve an area (including the forecast section)
in the Library for you to show your students printed materials including forecasting
services, periodicals (magazines and journals), and/or books on a specific topic.
We cannot reserve library computer classrooms for self-conducted classes.