The Library has two shared quiet study spaces located in E521 in the Main Reading Room on the 5th floor of the Library and in E404 located on the 4th floor of the Library.
During the fall and spring semesters, the Quiet Study Space will be available:
- Monday - Thursday: 8am - 10pm
- Friday: 8am - 6:30pm
- Saturday: 10am - 6:30pm
- Sunday: 12pm - 8pm
At other times throughout the year such as the Winter and Summer Sessions, it will be available from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Hours may change to accommodate Library events/meetings and college closures.
- No talking; cell phone calls must be taken outside of the Quiet Study Space
- No cutting or using the tables as craft work stations. Please use the cutting tables on the 6th floor of the Library. Cutting mats are availabke for checkout at the Access Services Desk and the Periodicals Desk.
- Please disable sound on electronics
- Use headphones at a low volume, which cannot be heard by others
- Beverages are permitted in closed containers only; food is strictly prohibited
- Personal belongings must not be left unattended. Any Library materials left behind will be returned to the stacks. The Library is not responsible for personal items left in the room.
- The Quiet Study Space will be monitored by Library staff and Public Safety Personnel
Students are encouraged to contact the Access Services Unit with questions or concerns regarding the Quiet Study Space at 212 217.4360 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org