My Account, which you can access via the StyleCat Library Catalog, provides online access to your library account.
More information about how to access My Account
Use My Account to view...
- Activities: Loans and Renewals, Loan History List, Hold Requests, Fines
- Blocks: Information about any blocks on your account
Library reminder and overdue notices are sent to your FIT email.
Renewing Your Books
- Only two renewals* allowed online or at Circulation Desk. No telephone renewals
- Renew your books several days before they are due
- Overdue books may be renewed online. Any fines owed will be added to your record
- Always check your Library record after performing a remote renewal to confirm new due date
- If for any reason a book cannot be renewed remotely, please bring it back to the Library on or before the due date
- If remote renewal services are unavailable, try again later or bring the books to the Access/Services Circulation desk
- Any of the following conditions will prevent you from renewing your material:
- There is a restriction on your borrowing record (ie. your account has been placed on Hold for overdue material)
- The material has been recalled (ie. by a faculty member or by the Access Services Unit)
- There is a hold request on the material
- You have reached the renewal limit*
- The material itself is non-renewable (ie. library use only)
At the end of the semester, your borrowing privileges expire unless you have already registered for the upcoming semester. You will not be able to renew if you're not registered.
- Holds can only be placed on items already checked out to another patron.
- The Library does not honor holds placed on items that are marked as available. Items are available on first come first serve basis.
*Renewals: 3 for graduate students, 2 for undergraduates, 1 for staff and faculty
Please call or email the Access Services Unit with questions/concerns/issues regarding any overdue items and/or fines at 212 217.4360 | firstname.lastname@example.org