Room E605 is located inside the FIT Library's open space on the 6th floor of the Goodman Center.
During the fall and spring semesters, the Group Study Space will be available:
- Monday: 9am - 2pm; 3pm - 9pm
- Wednesday - Thursday: 9am - 9pm
- Friday: 9am - 6pm
- Saturday: 10am - 6pm
- Sunday: 1pm - 7pm
At other times throughout the year (Winter and Summer Sessions), it will be available from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Hours may change to accommodate Library events/meetings and college closures. A real time calendar of available reservation slots can be viewed below.
- The Library will accept reservations for a minimum of 3 students and a maximum of 10 students.
- One student must sign a form acknowledging policies governing the use of the room; upon leaving, that student must sign out. To sign in or out, check in with the Access Services.
- The room is a meeting space for group projects and is intended for verbal group study only.
- Students cannot use the room as a project workspace for crafting, cutting, or painting. The use of markers and fixatives is prohibited.
- Noise should be limited to a conversational level. When necessary, Library staff will enforce this policy.
- Wifi is available, students may bring their own laptops; a computer and projector are available to use.
- Beverages in closed containers are permitted; food is prohibited.
- Trash should be removed before the room is vacated and the room should be left tidy.
- Personal materials must not be left unattended. Any Library materials left behind will be returned to the stacks. The Library is not responsible for personal items left in the room.
- The Group Study Space will be monitored by Library staff and Public Safety Personnel.
- There is a $25 replacement fee to be paid by the student making the reservation should the key to Group Study Room be lost.
- The Group Study Space is available to current FIT students with valid FIT IDs.
- A current FIT email address is needed to complete the Electronic Reservation Form (also found at the bottom of this page).
- Reservations are required and can be made up to 14 days in advance; same day reservations are permitted. Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Library will send a confirmation email upon acceptance of the reservations and groups are asked to present this email upon arrival.
- Although one student is responsible for the booking, all students using the Group Study Space will be asked to sign in with an Access Services staff member at the Access Services.
- Groups must arrive within 15 minutes of the reserved time or risk losing the reservation.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel any reservation if fewer than 3 students or more than 10 students arrive to use the room.
- The Group Study Space can be booked by the hour for a maximum of 2 hours. Extensions of time (up to 2 hours) will be granted if the room is not otherwise booked. Students may use the room for a total of 4 hours per session.
Students are encouraged to contact the Access Services Unit with questions or concerns about policies and reservations or anything else regarding the Group Study Space at 212 217.4360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.