Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Upon graduating from the Home Products Development BS program, students will be skilled in the following:
- Professional & Corporate Responsibility: Students will demonstrate the ability to make ethically responsible corporate decisions in a changing business environment.
- Product knowledge: Students will demonstrate in-depth knowledge or all aspects of product development for both hard goods and textiles through direct industry and manufacturer contact regarding industry processes and business mechanics.
- Business Fundamentals: Students will make informed decisions utilizing current technology and business methodology to assess, analyze and solve potential opportunities connected to the Home Products industry.
- Technology: Students will combine innovative thinking and technological competence to develop, assess and present business information using a variety of resources.
- Research & Critical Decision Making: Through innovative research using primary, secondary and tertiary data, students will be able to evaluate and process information, then use it to make informed decisions.
- Globalism: Students will assess global production markets and operate with changing supply chain opportunities.
- Communication: Students will produce effective written, visual and oral communication channels for the digital and traditional avenues which meet professional criteria and exhibit and standard of excellence.