As one of our patients, you have choices, rights, and responsibilities.
- Patients are treated with respect, consideration, and dignity.
- Patients are provided appropriate privacy.
- Patient disclosures and records are treated confidentially, and, except when required by law, patients are given the opportunity to approve or refuse their release.
- Patients are provided, to the degree known, complete information concerning their diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and prognosis. When it is medically inadvisable to give such information to a patient or to a legally authorized person.
- Patients are given the opportunity to participate in decisions involving their health care, except when such participation is contraindicated for medical reasons.
- Patients have the right to select and/or change their health care provider.
- Information is available to patients and staff concerning:
- Patient rights
- Patient conduct and responsibilities
- Services available at the organization
- Provisions for after-hours and emergency care
- Fees for services
- Payment policies
- Advance directives, as required by state or federal law and regulations
- Credentialing of health care professionals
- Seek medical attention promptly
- Be honest about your medical history
- Ask about anything you do not understand
- Respect clinic personnel and policies
- Follow health advice and medical instructions
- Report any significant changes in symptoms or failure to improve
- Seek non-emergency care during regular hours and scheduled times
- Keep appointments or cancel in advance
- Provide useful feedback about services and policies
When you have questions... ASK
When you have problems... SPEAK UP
When you are satisfied... COMPLIMENT