Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Upon graduating from the Graphic Design BFA program, students will be able to:
- design with typography as a primary element in graphic design;
- execute innovative typographic solutions that transcend cultural trends;
- implement professional presentation techniques (including verbal and visual) and apply them when needed;
- discuss and explain current design issues;
- create a professional portfolio that demonstrates problem-solving expertise (including advanced typography, creative concepts, and innovative solutions necessary for an entry-level design position at leading graphic design firm);
- create original work which meets professional industry standards; and
- analyze industry trends and adapt to evolving design challenges.