Fast Retailing, the parent company of Uniqlo, Theory, and other global brands has announced the launch of a new fashion scholarship through its Fast Retailing Foundation, aimed to help inspired and talented students study at world-class fashion graduate schools and contribute to the development of the global fashion industry.
The Fast Retailing Foundation Fashion Scholarship will provide financial support for a newly admitted MFA in Fashion Design and/or MPS Global Fashion Management student at the School of Graduate Studies. The scholarship provides support for full tuition for the four semester duration of the programs. Up to two students will be nominated by FIT to the Fast Retailing Foundation for final selection by Tadashi Yanai, Fast Retailing Chairman, President and CEO, and creative director Kashiwa Sato.
- Must have a completed application for admission submitted to the School of Graduate Studies for the MFA in Fashion Design or MPS in Global Fashion Management program by March 1st, 2021. Applicants with outstanding application materials after March 15th will not be considered.
- Must be admitted to the above named degree programs. An offer of admission will be given prior to notifying the candidate of scholarship nomination.
- FIT Employees receiving tuition remission, deferred students, students in maintenance of matriculation status, and those placed on a waitlist are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
How to Apply
- Submit an application for admission to the School of Graduate Studies for the MFA in Fashion Design or MPS in Global Fashion Management program by March 1st, 2021. Applicants will have a two week grace period to submit outstanding materials. There is no separate application for the scholarship.
- Applicants are eligible for consideration if their application is marked complete by March 15, 2021. This includes receipt of all required materials - recommendations, transcripts, international credential evaluations, test scores, portfolio (MFA in Fashion Design). Incomplete applications will not be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- If you have already submitted an application for admission for the MFA in Fashion Design or MPS in Global Fashion Management program, and it is marked complete, you are automatically considered for the fellowship.
Terms and Conditions
- Up to two candidates will be identified and presented to the Fast Retailing Foundation. Candidates nominated by FIT to the Fast Retailing foundation will be asked to complete a separate application form provided by the Fast Retailing Foundation and submit supplemental essay responses and portfolio sample*.
- Questions may be directed to [email protected].
*The MFA in Fashion Design candidate will be asked to identify three pages from their portfolio to include with their Fast Retailing Foundation scholarship application.