New York State Residents
New York State Excelsior Scholarship
The application period for the Fall 2017- Spring 2018 Academic Year is closed.
Applications for Spring 2018 only - To be announced.
Go to hesc.ny.gov/excelsior to apply and to learn about this scholarship.
This New York plan will be phased in over three years, beginning for New Yorkers making up to $100,00 annually in the Fall of 2017, increasing to $110,000 in 2018 and reaching $125,000 in 2019. A New York State resident can receive up to $5,500 from the Excelsior Scholarship, minus any amounts received for TAP, Pell or other scholarships. Eligible students will receive awards for this fall.
To complete the application you will need:
- Copies of 2015 New York State income tax return(s) filed by you and your parent(s) or your spouse, as applicable.
- Your current unofficial college transcript showing the number of credits you earned each year prior to applying for this program if you have previously attended. At FIT you can access an "Unofficial Student Transcript" on the STUDENT tab though MyFIT.
- Your Student Aid Report (SAR), which you received when you filed your FAFSA. You can go online to fafsa.gov to access an online copy of your SAR.
To see more information about the Excelsior Scholarship you can go to:
New York State Scholarships
Most of the following have a deadline of June 30th of each academic year.
- Flight 3407 Memorial Scholarships
- Flight 587 Memorial Scholarship
- Military Enhanced Recognition Incentive and Tribute (MERIT) also known as Military Service Recognition Scholarship (MSRS)
- NYS Memorial Scholarships for Families of Deceased Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters, Police Officers, Peace Officers, and Emergency Medical Service Workers
- NYS Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- NYS World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship
New York State Awards
- NYS Aid to Native Americans Deadlines: July 15 for the Fall; December 31 for Spring
- NYS Regents Awards for Children of Deceased and Disabled Veterans
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award For more information go to: AmeriCorps
- Veterans Tuition Awards
New York State Women Inc.
The data accessible through these linked websites are for informational purposes only and are not represented to be error free. Any link to non-Fashion Institute of Technology information is provided as a courtesy and does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by the College of the linked websites or information contained therein.